Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year! So What's New?

I have never been much for New Year's resolutions. Maybe I never really wanted to improve, but no one in my family ever really had resolutions for the New Year. But this year it seems as though everyone I talk to wants to know what my resolutions are (It may have something to do with my part-time employment at the YMCA.). Having put very little thought into it I have decided to go with two resolutions (I am obviusly no Jonathan Edwards.).

First, I am resolved to read through the entire Bible this year with my wife. This is probably something that we should have done together our first year of marriage, but I don't think that year two is too late.

Second, I am resolved to think more about heaven. This one may seem a little strange, but it is something that I need to do. I was thinking about it last night, and I realized that I do not look forward to heaven enough. Heaven really is an amazing thing. Through the death of Christ my sins have been forgiven so that I can enjoy enternal union with the Triune God (heaven). The redeemed have been chosen to be a part of the Triune family. And for all of eternity we will grow in our knowledge, love, and union with the Triune God. Isn't that amazing. God's glory is so exhaustive that we will spend all of eternity growing in our knowledge of it. That thought right there has an impact on me. I need that thought more in my life, and so I am resolved to think about heaven.

I know that these resolutions are not huge and profound, but I cannot wait to go into work tonight and have someone ask me what my New Year's resolution are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home