Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What did he say?

I have been reading quite a bit on the subject of Sola Scriptura (Scripture alone) lately. On my recent trip to Illinois I read James White's book on the subject, and I Boice's book with chapter on the subject. Today is my first day back from that trip and I am catching up a little bit on what has been going on in the blog world. As I was making my way around I found a great post by Dr. Bauder over at Nos Sobrii on sola scriptura. Here is a little sample:


“He who looketh upon a woman to lust after her…”

“Why, yes, I have a subscription to Hustler. It has great articles, and the photographic technique is just amazing. Lust? No, not me. I’m interested in the interplay of light, hue, and line. The fact that you could lust after this wonderful photography just shows that you have a dirty mind. After all, there isn’t any verse in the Bible that says a pure-minded person shouldn’t look at pictures of nekkid women.”

If we refuse to admit outside sources of information, then these arguments are irrefutable. On the other hand, if we do recognize that we find warrants outside of Scripture for the application of biblical principles, then we are duty-bound to take all of life seriously and to inquire into its meaning.

Sola Scriptura, yes.

Nuda Scripture, no.


It is a pretty good post. And if you did not follow his line of thinking (because you were so caught up witht he hustler analogy) you might want to head on over there to read the rest of the post.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home