Friday, November 11, 2005

The Great Crash of '05

I apologize for not posting at all since Tuesday. This may sound like your typical blogger excuse, but really my computer had a melt-down! I am posting from a satellite location right now, but it is going to be a while before I will have consistent access to any computer. If you don't hear from me next week don’t be surprised. If you don't hear from me for a month send out the dogs (computer geeks would be more appropriate though).

Hopefully all of my docs will be recovered and my computer will be restored. I am not sure how or if that will happen, but at this point I don’t think that I would be beyond a healing service for my computer. Actually strike that last remark, it needs to be resurrected.

I keep reminding myself of the millions of men who went before me who didn’t have a computer at all. Think about Jonathan Edwards; he wrote volumes during a paper shortage. But then again I am not Edwards, and Edwards didn’t have a blog to keep up with. Oh well, this weekend I will hand my poor shell of the computer that once was over to someone far more adept at resurrecting computers from the dead (The only thing that I am sure of is that I shouldn’t try living water).

Right now the Youth that I work with are planning a burial service for the computer. They have quite a few interesting ideas to memorialize the computer. I am sure they would love a few suggestions so just leave a comment and let me know what I should with my deceased computer.

One more note before I loose my satellite feed. Today is Veterans day. Find a veteran and thank them. They sacrificed everything including their lives so that we could have the freedom to do things like blogging. And if you see a Marine, tell him happy anniversary (it is the 230th anniversary of the Marine Corps).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home