Thursday, May 25, 2006

It is a Girl

You will have to excuse me for my absence yesterday. I had a very important appointment to keep. Yesterday I went with my wife for her 20 week sonogram (if you did not know, she is pregnant). The verdict is in, and yes we are smart enough to actually find out the sex of the baby, it is a Girl.

Apparently this picture to the right proves that it is a girl (notice the arrow).


My wife and I are so very pleased and thankful for what God has given us. It is our eager prayer that God would call our daughter into His Kingdom and make her one of His children.


It is far more important that our daughter has a heavenly Father, than her earthly father.


Galatians 4:4-6
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.


I am very thankful at this point in my life to have the doctrinal convictions that I do. I am very thankful that my child's salvation is dependent 100% on God Himself. If my daughter is to become a child a God it will not depend upon myself, or my wife to "win her to the Lord." If my daughter is to become a child of God then it will take the renewing ministry of the Holy Spirit.



Even now as we are consumed with the thought of her natural birth, we know that it will take a supernatural re-birth before she can accept Christ.

John 3:5-8
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."


This is what is important to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Tim,

That's ok Tim. That comment was laced with sarcasm, for a few specific people.



Paul

25/5/06 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home