Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Infinite Punishment

posted by paul

Hell is not a very popular topic today, but it is a topic that has to be addressed. I know that in my own experience I have done little to understand God’s eternal wrath, or Hell. I know that in some ways God will withdraw His presence from those in Hell, but I also know that God will be present there through his outpouring of divine punishment. I know that apart from Christ we are all destined for Hell and that many will reject Christ and eternally be punished. Besides these rudimentary facts (along with a few others) I have not devoted much thought to Hell.

Over the last week, or so, I have spent so time looking at this often discarded subject. At this point I must confess that I do not have a lot to write about, but I have found myself faced with this question. Is Hell punishment that lasts forever because the guilt lasts forever? Or, Is Hell infinite punishment because God is a being of infinite worth, to whom we owe infinite obligation, and sin against Him requires infinite punishment?

Is there even a difference between the two? I think that I have an answer to this question, and maybe I will give it to you tomorrow. For now think about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13/4/06 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13/4/06 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home